- Tomorrow (3/27) we will be having a guest photographer, Cecily Hallman with Be Wise Art coming to photograph our adoptable dogs.
- We are really trying to rally the foster troops. Come the end of this month we will be relying solely on our fosters for us to pull animals. We will not be renewing our lease with the current facility and keeping dogs in kennels goes against what we want for our animals. Please see our website for FAQ on fostering. Keep your eye on the blog as well for tips on working with your foster.
- With us losing our current facility we need all eyes on the look-out for a new home for us. What we're ideally looking for is somewhere that has an apartment or living quarters for a caretaker. Maybe a barn or outbuilding that we can make into a training room and build off kennels.
- By the end of the week we will have at least one post from our trainers Astrid Smith with A Dogs Journey or Shaun Woodard with Not For Dogs Only.
- Last but not least LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!! we always tons going on on good 'ol Facebook!
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
upcoming things with CWAC
Changing Lives Through Canine Companionship
One in four Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans return home with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. More than four million healthy, adoptable animals will be euthanized in shelters this year. These dogs can provide an understanding, loving companion that can help these veterans cope with debilitating flashbacks by bringing them back to the present, therefore helping them re-assimilate back into civilian life.
Canines With a Cause brings shelter dogs and returned veterans together. Vets benefit from the healing companionship of the dog and shelter dogs' lives are saved by finding loving homes.